Monday 19 March 2007

Week 9: Revise the subjects over and again

That is right... This week was devoted completely to revision of the six subjects and the EP presentation.


After a number of reshuffles, we finally managed to change the EP presentation time for our group from Thursday to Wednesday because one of our group member was flying to India for the Oxford-India Business Forum held in Mumbai on March 15, 2007. The presentation of our group went really well and were being applauded by Mr. Marcos Battisti (Senior Investment Manager at Intel Capital), David R G Cottam (Partner of Park Square Capital) and Mr. Stephen Chambers (MBA Course Director at Saïd Business School). During the question hour after the presentation, we sas a team were able to defend our cause and respond back to their question with a well-drafted answer that was taken by them in very high spirits.


Other than that, on Saturday night along with my school
time friend (We met in Oxford after 13 years) and a couple of more friends went to see the much talked about event of Luminox on the Broad Street in Oxford. With all the electric lights turned off, the entire street just had fire display lit up providing enough lights for onlookers to move around. I forgot to carry my camera and I was a bit upset about that but somehow got a picture from a friend for your reference. More details about the same can be found at "LUMINOX". Thereafter we went to the "TURF TAVERN" for a pint of beer, before being again bogged down in our study notes. Indeed it was a short but nice break from studies.


Talking about revision, we have six subjects so tried to give one day each for all of them but the Operations Management proved all my calculations and theories wrong, eating up almost two days of my revision time, but atleast I am better off now with it. Just to let you know, we have following exam schedule for my six subjects (Different people have taken different electives so different schedules):

19 March 09:30 Financial Management (1.5 hrs)
19 March 14:30 International Business & Global Governance (2 hrs)

20 March 09:30 Marketing (3 hrs)

21 March 09:30 Operations Management (2 hrs)
21 March 14:30 Finance - II (1.5 hrs)

23 March 09:30 Designing Effective Organizations (3 hrs)


As of now, I am all set for the exams with appropriate armors to defend the questions shot at us in exam paper. Well by the time, you guys will be reading this post I will be all set for the first exam on Monday morning, so wish me luck guys... When I will be putting up my next post, I will be through with these exams and will be just six days from my travel to India.


Good Night and Good Luck!!!

No comments: