Wednesday 14 February 2007

Events for the remaining week 5...

This is really fast... An hours into the starting of my blog and already two posts. May be I am not able to sleep at this odd hour of the night listening to the Tower clock striking one or as you might have rightly guessed it to be the enthusiasm of a beginner.


It's the middle of the fifth week in Hillary term and already we are through with 55% of our regular classes during this term. Not taking much of your time, I will list down some of the events most likely to take place during this week. I am saying most likely because many a times the events do get deferred/cancelled at short notice due to some urgency or .... whatever you might think of... :D Deloittes' recruitment presentation is one example of such a case with reasoning for cancellation being that they will give a presentation at the "Oxbridge Careers Fair".


So the first event is Tech Mahindra Ltd. (TML) recruitment presentation scheduled for the V-day. Isn't it crazy to have such an event on the V-day when people tried their level best to get the evening class of "Developing Effective Organisation" prepone to Tuesday so as to attend dinners with their beloved ones... Alas to the misery of those poor souls, the DEO class is on V-day and so is the Tech Mahindra presentation. In short the TML will give a presentation alluring the MBA's to be the future leaders of the company. This will be followed by a lunch reception to be attended by FORTUNE Four people chosen from amongst 60 odd people eyeing for a seat next to the big shot from TML (Not to say I was one of the contender voted out...).


The second event is the much talked about and extremely hyped event of the year "The Oxbridge Careers Fair" scheduled for Thursday at Judge Business School, Cambridge University. It's a joint venture of the business schools at Oxford and Cambridge University. All the hue and cry is about a number of companies (Guess 16 or so... Will tell the exact number upon returning from fair) coming to the fair for their recruitment presentation. Careers people expect many of the current MBA students to be recruited or at least called for the next round of interview where as students are more in a mood of a fun filled day at the Cambridge. Ofcourse there will be some serious candidates but my guess is most will be out there going around Cambridge University. My plan is to finish my IBGG (International Business & Global Governance) assignment on my way to Cambridge to hedge my risks associated with the next weeks course study and case based interview preparations. Well, details of the fair will follow soon enough hopefully...


Friday brings in a night of "Valentine Dinner" at the Templeton College and "Carnival Nite" organized by the Latin American and Brazillian Society of Oxford University. I weighed my options as to which event to call for and which one to put in because I am more than confident of not making it to both of them. After a careful thought processing, verdicts are in and the winner is "Carnival Nite".


So these are some of the awaited events of the week and I hope I will enjoy most of them and if some miracle (God helps me and I help myself) happens then may be get selected for an interview as well.


Good Night, and Good Luck!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.