Saturday 26 May 2007

Week 4: I passed my Hilary Term

The week as I mentioned in my early post was supposed to be really tough and hectic one for me. It indeed started the very same way. A couple of interviews with different companies were lined up. They did go fine but still the luck did not favor me and the DTC project was awarded to other team.


But the biggest event of this week for me came from Hilary term. I got through in all my subjects in high spirits. That was quite a relief as most of us were not sure what will happen based on the way our papers were framed.


Wednesday, in the retailing class it was fun to know more about the customer insights from Mike Sherwood, the CEO of Zara. We had no further class after Wednesday because of the MBAT sports festival in HEC, Paris over the long weekend for European business school.


On Friday, a few of us MBA guys went to London to meet Sri Sri Ravi Shankar from the Art of Living. It was an honor and pleasure to meet such a personality who is preaching the world to be happy and live life given to us as a precious gift from God. Well, I am not trying to be philosophical but yeah doing some mediation always revitalize a guy. :).


And yes, I got a Summer Consulting Project with Intel. I was really really interested in that project but due to non-availability of sufficient number of people couldn't form a team. The team that was eventually selected had one guy move out of the team due to some personal reasons and I filled in his place. I have a long way now to go in order to get my visa in place before I can fly to the USA...


Our sports warrior returned on Sunday from MBAT and they did make Oxford proud by winning a number of events, especially Rowing. Table Tennis and Ultimate Frisbie. Second in team sports, winner in recreational sports and overall fourth, even though the contingent of 90 odd was very small compared to LBS having around 300. Great job done fellow MBA's...


Good Night and Good Luck!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I really like your contentYour post is really informative. .

hr consulting companies

best hr consulting firms